Thermography is the best screening method for early detection of breast cancer as well as other illnesses. With thermography, we are able to look at the physiology of the body. We can detect inflammation and congestion in addition to other abnormalities by measuring your body’s surface temperature. Therefore, with thermography, you are able to visualize your health.
Rapha Health & Wellness is the area’s leading provider of Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging (DITI) services. A clinical thermographer performs each thermogram using a medical thermal camera. Every scan is read and interpreted by a medical doctor known as a thermologist.
We offer breast scans as well as full or half body scans for the detection of many conditions. Thermography can assist in the diagnosis and treatment of these conditions. We are also able to monitor therapy progress. It is the truest form of early breast cancer detection available for both males and females. The procedure is registered with the FDA. Learn more from our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Thermography is commonly used for:
• Back injuries
• Stress fractures
• Sports injuries
• Nerve damage
• Unexplained pain
• Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy)
• Dental and TMJ
• Artery Inflammation
• Vascular Disease
• Breast Disease
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Disc disease
• Inflammatory pain
• Skin cancer
• Referred Pain Syndrome
• Stroke Screening
• Digestive Disorders
Many times, these conditions and injuries are not detected with x-ray or other diagnostic tools. X-ray and CT, as well as ultrasound and MRI, are all tests of “anatomy” that measure the structures in your body. DITI is unique in its capability to show physiological change and metabolic processes.
At Your Appointment
Thermography is non-invasive, without radiation, and painless. There is no contact with the body. Your comfort is a top priority throughout the process.
Please download and follow these guidelines as you prepare for your thermography appointment:
- Do not have physical therapy, massage, or electromyography on the same day
thermography is performed.
- Avoid vigorous exercise 2 hours prior to the test.
- Do not smoke for 2 hours before the test.
- Do not use essential oils, deodorants, lotions, powder, or liniments on the day of test.
- Stay out of strong sunlight or tanning bed on the day of test.
- There are no dietary or medication restrictions on the day of your scan. No excessive
hot or cold drinks prior to the test.
- Disrobing – Removing all jewelry and clothing (except underwear), put on Thermography
gown given by technician. For breast thermography remove clothing from the waist up.
- Do not come for a scan if you have a sunburn on your chest or area of interest. You will need
to wait until all the sunburned area has peeled off.
DITI is an important tool that can help you return to better health. Contact us today with any questions about the procedure or to schedule an appointment.